Thursday, February 26, 2009

A 40-Day Journey


Yesterday, Ash Wednesday, began the Christian's 40-day journey in Lent, a time of repentance and remembrance, a time of reflection and thanksgiving for what Jesus has done for us. At the end of Lent, on Easter Sunday, we celebrate Jesus' resurrection and the new life He gives us.

God sent Jesus to earth as His own Son (Psalm 2:7; Matthew 3:17) and as Servant (Isaiah 42:1; Mark 10:45), "to give His life as a ransom for us." As we say we're sorry for our sins and ask for forgiveness, we can be sure of that free gift because of God's grace (God's Riches At Christ's Expense). Our heavenly Father bought us back from sin with Jesus' blood, and He adopted us as His sons and daughters, making us heirs of eternal life. Jesus died so that when our bodies die, our spirits will live forever with Him in heaven.
He helps us to be a servant to others as an outpouring of our love to Him.
Reflect on ways that you might serve others, and as you do so, you also serve the Lord. God's love will shine through you!

My song is love unknown, my Savior's love to me,
Love to the loveless shown that they might lovely be.
Oh, who am I that for my sake
My Lord should take frail flesh and die?

Here might I stay and sing, no story so divine!
Never was love, dear King, never was grief like Thine.
This is my friend, in whose sweet praise
I all my days could gladly spend.
(hymn text public domain; by Samuel Crossman, 1624-83)



No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards