Friends liked the Thanksgiving treat boxes so much that I invited a group to create Christmas and Winter gift boxes and to get to know what FUN things they can make with the Art Philosophy cartridge and Cricut.
For my workshop, I pre-cut the first set of Cricut shapes for each person and made these "kits."
Participants brought their Cricuts and we made time to experiment with other designs too. We also learned how to use the Glitter Rub Ons and found out how pretty they are -- they'll be showing up on some gift tags for sure!
Here are two boxes and my easy tutorials from this afternoon's workshop:
Joy Joy Joy – Little Christmas Gift Box
1. Use Cricut to cut the gift box from cardstock (done for you).
2. Use bone folder to fold the box along the fold lines.
3. While box is flat, use adhesive to attach Christmas paper squares to front and back.
4. Stamp flower design (Olive ink) onto flower shape (cut from Cricut for you). Attach flower to box using a pop dot. Attach mini sparkle to the middle of flower.
5. Adhere ornament shape (cut from Cricut for you) to the punched scallop edged circle, allowing space to put ribbon through the hole at the top. Attach large Sparkle to center of flower.
6. Stamp “Joy” (Hollyhock ink) onto the small tag. Attach mini sparkles to the “O” in the Joys.
7. Refold the box to make its shape. Use Tombow or Bonding Memories adhesive (or any other strong-holding adhesive) to the narrow edge & attach it to the box side; hold firmly.
8. Bend small flaps at bottom of box in, then place adhesive along one of the larger flaps & hold firmly against the other large flap.
9. Attach ornament shape and “Joy” tag to the box handle with ribbon.
10. Fill with wrapped candies—chocolates, peppermints, small candy canes or lollipops, or any small treat.
You Warm My Heart – Little Winter Gift Box
1. Use Cricut to cut the gift box (done for you).
2. Use the bone folder to fold the box along the fold lines.
3. While the box is flat, use Bonding Memories or Tombow (or your favorite strong adhesive) to adhere the “Wonderland” striped paper across the top of the box. Make sure the printed words are right side up.
4. Adhere the dotted patterned paper to the box front.
5. Stamp the mug shape onto the ivory paper using the Crystal Blue ink. Then stamp the mug words onto the blue mug using the Desert Sand ink. Cut out the mug shape. Embellish with pearls for the marshmallows. Attach to the box front dotted paper with two pop dots.
6. Refold the box to make its shape. Use Tombow or Bonding Memories adhesive (or any other strong-holding adhesive) to the narrow edge & attach it to the box side; hold firmly.
7. Bend small flaps at bottom of box in, then place adhesive along one of the larger flaps & hold firmly against the other large flap.
8. Use the blue and/or sand ink to stamp “You warm my heart” onto the front and back of the tag. Cut the tag to round the bottom corners. Tie to the box handle and cut off string ends.
9. Tie the chocolate brown and the sheer ribbons to the box handle.
10. Fill with any warm treat—hot cocoa mix, cider mix, special tea bags.
enJOY! Blessed Advent. Come, Lord Jesus, come!