Friday, August 22, 2008

Fantastic Friday


Here's the Whoops-A-Daisy page (CTMH) I finished this evening while watching some of the Olympic events. In May, I had marigolds ready to plant in plastic cups for the toddlers whom I teach in Sunday School. Ella has a great appreciation for flowers, insects, animals, and all of God's creation. At 11 months old in May, she was already so gentle with the flowers, smelling them, smiling, and then sneezing with me. I just had to use these colorful papers to coordinate with her lavender jumper and my green hoodie. W-A-D is one of my favorite paper packets because it's all so cheerful.

Today we watched two bucks in our backyard--one had 4 points, the other had 8. We've been seeing the does and their fawns all summer, but this is the first time in almost a year that the bucks came out of the woods for us to watch them. We were able to stand on our deck and talk to them without them being skittish and running away... DH says the deer are beginning to think that we're in THEIR territory. I've been able to photograph many pix of the does and fawns, but not one of the bucks yet. Hey--I'm not giving up. Maybe you'll see the bucks' pix on this blogspot yet this year. But don't hold your breath.

It was a fantastic Friday--we have so much to be thankful for--especially for the sweet, ripe tomatoes fresh from the garden that are so good in BLTs. We got an inch of rain last night, so maybe the tomatoes will keep a'comin' for a while.

And I'm thankful for the UPS delivery man, who has brought me such fun items to use to scrapbook layouts and make cards. Let's pray the big brown trucks never run out of gas.

No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards