Friday, July 16, 2010

Peachy Keen!


The peach tree is being VERY productive this hot & dry summer!

Naturally, not wanting to waste any fruit,
DH and I picked a bushel of peaches already
(and there are more yet to ripen).
Thank You, God, for these sweet surprises in Your creation.
Ahh, there's nothing like sweet, tree-ripened fruit!

After a trip to the store to get Sure-Gel (pectin),
5 lb bags of sugar, and 1/2 pint canning jars ...

We peeled, cut, and diced.
We heated and boiled.
We stirred and stirred.
It took 1/2 day to make 8 small jars of peach preserves.

We taste-tested by sampling our product
drizzled over butter pecan ice cream.
Perfect.

We're going to do it all over again
for at least four more days.
(That includes the taste testing.)

Lots of loving labor was contributed by DH himself.
He has ownership in these jars now.
DH: "What? You're going to give some to the neighbors?!"
Me: "Let's have a peach cobbler this weekend."

{Tree stamp by Verve
Ink from Close To My Heart}
                                      

1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow Jane, that must be some tree!!! I'm very impressed. I've never had a fruit tree. My next-door neighbors have 5 or 6 of them (I don't know exactly!) oranges, tangeloes, and ruby grapefruit so I'm one of the lucky recipients!

You're making me hungry for peaches! LOL

Hugs!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards