Monday, February 14, 2011

The Apple of God's Eye


One apple basket card for a friend...
and a second card for another ...

and the inside of each:


Since stamp kissing was so much fun the first time, I came back for MORE! The apples in the baskets are kissed with a mini-heart.

A favorite song is "Psalm 17" --
the source of my sentiment inside the card.
Give ear to me
And hear my prayer
Show me the wonder of Your great love.
You who can save by Your righteous hand
Those who take refuge in You from their foes
Keep me as the apple of Your eye
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings
Give ear to me and hear my prayer
Show me the wonder of Your great love
You who can save by Your righteous hand
Those who take refuge in You from their foes
Keep me as the apple of Your eye
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings
Copyright 2003 Words and Music by Brad J. Kittelsen

King David wrote in Psalm 17:8:
"Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings."
(Other references to "apple of Your eye"
include Deuteronomy 32:10 and Zechariah 2:8.)
"Apple of His eye" literally means "little man of his eye," a reflection of you and me in God's own pupil when He looks at us as His dear children.
(The Hebrew word transliterated is ee-shone, and meant “the little man of the eye”, or “the middle of the night” or the “blackness” of the eye.)
The reference here is the pupil of the eye. It's the part of the eye which reflects what you are looking at.
We are in God's eye because He is always looking at us!

Out of His great love, God cares for us and protects us
because we are so important to Him!
Remember that He gave us His best Valentine
when He gave us Jesus. That's how much He loves us.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I used CTMH products:
Red and Colonial White cardstock
Hemp (braided)
Ink pads: Olive, Hollyhock, and Holiday Red
Marker: Topiary
Stamps: Playful Lowercase, September Word Puzzle, Be Mine

1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wonderful cards Jane, and such a nice scripture! Happy Valentines day to you, dear friend!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards