Friday, February 4, 2011

New Sweetheart Papers -- Thinking of You




I'm having so much fun playing with the new Spring/Summer Close To My Heart papers! It was fun to pleat the paper for the "ribbon" look on this card. These paper colors are lush-ous!!! Now I'm going to have to make some Valentines, but this card needs to get in the mail for a friend who is rehabbing after her knee surgery. (We haven't had mail delivery in three days because of ice/snow! Maybe tomorrow?)
I'll write a note inside, but wanted to second- and third-generation stamp the buttons for a little whimsy to go with the pretty hearts and flowers since she's a seamstress.
I used:
Card recipe from Wishes by Jeanette Lynton--"Down the Middle" (p 35; I adapted it for my 5 x 6.5 inch card base)
Sweetheart Paper Packet
Inks: Baby Pink, Tulip, Amethyst
Stamps: Just Because, Buttoned Together
Colonial White Waxy Flax
Pink, White, and Amethyst buttons

I'm glad you visited my blog! Come again soon!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Very pretty!! Love this card!! Your friend will love it!

Elaine said...

What a great "Thinking of you" card, Jane. So clever and so personal. It's sure to cheer up your friend!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards