Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Miracle Birthday





A very special lady will be celebrating her 95th birthday soon, God willing. Alma was my long-time alto-singing friend in our church choir, and though we don't sing side by side now, I'm always so happy to see her at church events and around town. She's a ball of energy and always has good news to share! Flowers and butterflies are two of her favorite things in God's creation.  And she'll be the first to tell anyone that she wakes up saying, "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" She's just full of rejoicing!

My card recipe -- CTMH products:

Miracle papers
Stamps: Celebrate Life; From Me to You
Inks: Sweet Leaf; Olive; Crystal Blue
Miracle kit Irresistable Die Cut Flower
Foam squares

I stamped the butterfly in Crystal Blue, then I stamp-rolled its edges in Olive.
(Some days I just don't trust myself with the X-acto knife, so I didn't cut the space between the antennas--it would look better if I had!)

Other: Green sparkles; sheer ribbon; Verve Scripture stamp

So glad you stopped by! I hope I've inspired you even a teeny tiny bit! Blessings!

4 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful card!! I hope your friend has a special 95th birthday!!!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Jane! What a beautiful card - so special that it's perfectly designed for and because of her! You are such a dear friend.

I don't trust myself with the exacto knife either! LOL I think your butterfly looks awesome just the way it is! I love the envelope - wow.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
I found you through Women to Women. I miss that blog. I was looking up the former contributors and was surprised to find your blog on CRAFTING! I love to make cards. You have inspired me. Just to get going again. I used to be a CTMH consultant and we moved back from England about a year ago. Everything is still in boxes. So thank you for inspiring me to get it all out and organized. I miss making cards.
Sincerely,
t

Unknown said...

95...that's really special!

I love your card, that butterfly is gorgeous! I love your stamped envelope as well.

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards