Monday, August 6, 2012

Sand Cake

 Playing in the sand is a favorite activity & 
one of our best playgrounds
 is in the shade.
The grand-girls like to play outside the box much more than inside it!
Their favorite thing to make is sand cake. 
The "carrot cake" was delicious. 
I was thrilled that the afternoon temperature was only 90 degrees 
and
we enjoyed a breeze too. 
They made sand cakes, climbed on jungle gyms,
slid on the slide, and went on a bear hunt.
We always take big water bottles along.
"I don't want to leave!" "Wahhhhh!"
That's music to my ears, 
knowing they'll be so happy to go back to play again.


 I used CTMH's "Cherry-O" papers that coordinated
with B's cherry summer sundress.
I inked the Irresistable Letters in Garden Green and Tulip
for the layout's title.
The photo on the left side is 8 x 10 inches,
and I gave all the sandbox photos a vintage effect
by using PhotoShop.
Photos on the right side are 4 x 6 inches.



StickEase makes embellishing a layout so super easy and pretty!
I put Liquid Glass on the StickEase and also on the cherries 
in the printed paper.
It can't get any easier or more fun.

Using Flip Flaps on top of the Memory Protector 
(right side, vertical photos)
is a great way to add extra photos and tell the story too--
I always include a journaled section to tell about the activity.

Happy memory-making!


No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards