Thursday, October 24, 2013

Noel Sparkle & Shine Christmas Card


Noel!
Today I made my second Christmas card for this year.
I used the papers from the Sparkle & Shine paper packet
featured in the Close To My Heart
mini catalog, "Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide."
(To see the Holidays catalog, click here.)

It doesn't look anything like my first Christmas card
I made last week with Sparkle & Shine!
(You can see it here.)

That's the fun of these CTMH papers and embellishments --
each creation looks different!


The card's base is a 6 x 6 inch Kraft card from CTMH.
For the dimensional poinsettia, I used the Artiste Cricut cartridge
to cut the flower die cuts and also the Noel title.
I layered four flower die cuts, and attached them with a sparkle brad.
I free-hand cut the leaves and tucked them underneath.
The white poinsettia is from a retired Mistletoe embellishment packet.
The burlap strip is cut from a length of CTMH's burlap ribbon.
I scanned a Christmas carol book page 
and then printed "The First Noel" onto colonial white cardstock
and trimmed the music to fit the card front.

Inside the card, I layered the Merry Christmas stamped sentiment
on a strip of Sparkle & Shine patterned paper,
and added a small pointsettia and sparkle brad
to the corner.
My inspiration in making this card came from 
a card (see below) created by CTMH Consultant, Sandy Trammel,
which she shared on the Scattered Hearts facebook group page.
Thank you for inspiring me, Sandy!
Happy scrapping, everyone!

1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is so pretty! I try to save the carols just a little longer (so they are a special treat?) but your card has me singing! I really love the touch of burlap and how pretty your poinsettia is! Nice work! Hugs!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards