Monday, October 13, 2008

Look to the Lord



Last evening I watched the sun set through my camera lens. Knowing that this week will be full of monumental challenges for family members, and feeling the prayers about those well up in me, I searched for favorite verses of strength, promise, comfort, and hope. These reminders I want to share with you:

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you! 1 Peter 5:7

God says: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness ... Jeremiah 31:3

The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:13

The Lord is gracious and compassionate ... The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on Him ... The Lord watches over all who love Him ... Psalm 145:8,13,18,20

Look to the Lord!

3 comments:

Hope said...

What great verses! It seems as if the Lord is speaking the same words to both of us today. I will pray for your family this week. Blessings,
Hope

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Hope. Your prayers are appreciated--please pray specifically for my second cousin, Jason, who will have surgery tomorrow. His story and guestbook are at:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/teamjason

God is good, and we're praying for a miracle for Jason!

Emily said...

What an encouraging post!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards