Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Stronghold



The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge in Him. Nahum 1:7

Bailouts ... hurricanes ... tornadoes ... earthquakes ... illnesses ... tragedies ... accidents ... losses ... we live in a sin-filled world.

Just as the Lord reminded the Old Testament Nahum, He also reminds us that He is good and constant, everloving and everlasting, with us for life through our rollercoaster rides, our highs and lows.

We can put our concerns and worries into the God-bag each night before we say our prayers and go to sleep. God is in control. He only asks that we come to Him in prayer as a child would come to his or her father, asking for needs, thanking for all things, and keeping the lines of communication open with our heavenly Father, who loves and cares for us more than we'll ever know.

You can find more Good News of Jesus and even more reassurance and comfort in Scripture. One of my favorite devotion sites is provided by The Lutheran Hour Ministries at

www.lhm.org/dailydevotions.asp


Click on October 1 to read more about our God, our Stronghold.

When enemies threatened David, he sang, "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my Savior ..." 2 Samuel 22:3

The good news is that when our heavenly Father kept His promise to send a Savior, and His Son Jesus died on the cross for all our sins, He gave the ultimate bailout for every believer. Because of Him, we have forgiveness and hope for the future!

I pray that you feel strong in the Lord's hold on you.

No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards