Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grace -- A Few Projects

Good Saturday morning!

Hearing beautiful Philharmonic music last evening inspired me to turn on the bright lights and get moving with the paper and glue! And the good wine and great company helped too. It's so good to "be back."

Here are some of my play date results with the paper packet "Grace"--one of CTMH's new designs.

When I want to make something simple, fun, and easy, I'm always happy with Close To My Heart's products! They make card making and scrapbooking just as their motto says: Simpler. Faster. Easier. Amen.

Thought I'd give it a whirl with the machine stitching for the sheer ribbon on this first card--I need some practice. It's not even, and it's not perfect. But hey, it's a first attempt and I'm hooked. I mean stitched. Unique, just like I aim to be.

The papers and Stickease in the "Grace" paper packet in Close To My Heart's Autumn/Winter catalog are so rich and beautiful! Just added a sparkle to this flower, and popped the two layers of flower off the card.

Here's card #1 and its inside sentiment in Barn Red ink for a very special person ...


and Card #2 using Grace papers, a Stickease "ribbon" on the bottom, a few pearls, along with a Verve stamp sentiment in Barn Red ... I love the scalloped card edge.

The Grace papers' flower designs remind me of the fall chrysanthemums, the colors that brighten our autumn days, and those same flowers that we wore and saw (and still see) at the HS football games for Homecoming celebrations. Our DD Emily once called them "mummas." Our DGD Ella calls them "stinky flowers."



The Grace Level 1 paper packet layout designs (easy peasy!) were perfect along with the Close To My Heart Flip Flap photo protectors to create a two-page layout of the surprise bridal shower for Tonya, dear classmate of DD Bethany.

Tonya was truly surprised! And what gorgeous lingerie everyone brought as gifts to her! Ooooo-la-la!

Two-page layout that includes Stickease & sheer green ribbon bow:



Page 1: Tonya comes in with her gifts of wine and chocolates, thinking DH and I are taking her to dinner on The Hill (Little Italy) ... that will be a future "date."


Page 1 with flip flaps showing the food tables, and Tonya's surprise to see her mom and aunt here!


Page 2 layout that includes sheer ribbon bows and pewter brads: Tonya with her mom and aunt, and her graduate school classmates ...


Page 2 layout with flip flaps layer 1:


Page 2 layout with flip flaps layer 2 on the bottom:


Happy weekend, everyone, and stay healthy, inky, and glued to your projects!






No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards