Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hope, Rest, & Strength in the Word




Today Sophie gets a reprieve from volunteering as a TOUCH dog to spend time in the glorious Fall sunshine.


I'm feeling weary and wanting the life-merry-go-round to slow down--even STOP for a short while. When I get this heavy feeling, I know my body, mind, and soul are weary (more than just tired; in need of spiritual renewal). It's been a summer and fall of taking on some extras, and extra miles on the highways contribute to the weariness. I wouldn't trade time with family members and friends for anything. That's priceless. But this morning I knew I couldn't push myself one more step. I thought it was best to cancel Sophie's and my visit with the TOUCH teams to brighten the veterans' Thursday afternoon. We'll take a break from volunteering, and hope that we can bounce back, feeling energized and renewed soon.

Do you feel weary? Need rest and renewal? It helps me to remember these Scripture verses:

Jesus says, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Even Jesus got away from the crowds of people to rest and reflect!

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

1 comment:

Hope said...

It is so nice to 'see' you back from your trip. I have missed reading your posts. Thanks so much for those verses! I was just feeling weary just thinking about my busy upcoming weekend. But these verses so helped me to put it all in persepective! Blessings and praying for good rest for you and your beautiful dog!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards