Wednesday, January 28, 2009

As White As Snow











Snow continued to fall through the night in the St Louis area ... we have about 8 inches on top of ice now, and no one is going anywhere! Our area isn't as well prepared for winter storms as the Northern and Eastern friends are.
Thankfully, the sun has come out, making beautiful shadows across the yards. I got out early before the humans and animals made their tracks in the pristine landscape to get a few pix. As I stepped carefully, I remembered the Bible verses about our sins and how God reminded His people, as He does today, that because of what Jesus has done for us on the cross, He makes us "clean like the pure snow."
Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. Isaiah 1:18
I'm very satisfied to stay inside, look out, and thank God for all His creation and for our Savior Jesus, and then pray that the sun melts this winter stuff!
As I write, two deer are playing tag in our backyard. I would too if I were a deer.
How about those natural scallops on our cedar fence behind the gardening/potting table? Scrapbookers see a variety of designs in nature!

2 comments:

Hope said...

Loved how you connected the snow outside to the bible verse! So beautiful. Say warm friend!

scrap your heart out with Jen said...

I agree with you. We scrapbookers see the world as one big scrapbook. My new throw rug I just bought has ticket corner edges and that's what made me buy it. Aren't we silly? Artistic maybe?

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards