Friday, January 16, 2009

That's Amore


Seven layers of paper and some pretty embellies make up this special Valentine's card.

I used Close To My Heart "That's Amore" papers and Stickease, Heartfelt and Heartthrob stamps for the hearts and sentiments, Tulip and Blush inks, Clear Sparkles, and sheer ribbon. The pearl hatpin is from my sewing box, until the pretty pins arrive from CTMH. (Check those out in the new CTMH spring catty on page 29!)

I scored the chocolate background paper and sanded the lines with a sanding block for the distressed effect. No, I didn't evenly space those lines on purpose ... and more about that quirkiness about me ...

The whole front looks off center now that I look closely, but that just goes with me, 'cause I'm always a little off center and not too concerned about being precise. (I eyeball most projects.)

When I was young, I remember my mom said, "Everything we see in God's world is so unique and special...the trees don't always have symmetrical branches, and it's okay if one side of your hair doesn't look just like the other side!" (That usually happened on a Sunday morning when I lamented about my bad "do" and wouldn't leave the bathroom without crying.) Now I've probably rambled long enough. But here's the little life lesson:

I learned from Mom that even off-centered and not-so-perfect things are very beautiful and special! I'm thankful that she ALWAYS made me feel so special even when I didn't like my un-perfect looks. And I have grown into my nose (just as she told me so!) ... but that's a whole 'nother story!

No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards