Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We Just Got Home!





This past weekend, about 85 Close To My Heart scrapbookers got together at the historic Sauder Village Founder's Hall near Archbold, Ohio for some serious scrappin' time.

Ohioan friend Connie and I went very early for the Saturday sessions and left late enough for our coach to turn into a pumpkin. I enjoyed the heated seats in her pumpkin, 'cause the temperature was minus 7 degrees Saturday morning!

Here are my CTMH "grandma" Chris S. and "mom-upline" Deb B. wearing their smiles and their CTMH aprons, and also a view of a small section of the large Founder's Hall where we got to spread out our stuff.

I'm so happy to have been able to get 22 pages scrapbooked on Saturday! We took breaks for a delicious lunch and dinner and also for a relaxing massage. I especially enjoyed seeing the helpful demonstrations showing how to use the CTMH rub-ons, liquid applique, prisma glitter, and fun flock.

DH and I traveled almost 500 miles one way so I could participate in this event. We were also blessed to visit for a few days with my parents who live in the area.

We're most thankful for God's protection as we drove back yesterday and today. When we got into the Indianapolis area about 9 a.m. yesterday, we were in a total white-out blizzard. After sitting on the interstate 4 hours and finding out the state patrol had closed the highway for the rest of the day, we slowly made our way to the first exit and got to a motel where we stayed overnight. Today we had sunshine and dry highways for our travel. It is SO GOOD to be home!

No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards