Saturday, November 7, 2009

Joy to the World



Here's my attempt at a "stair step card" using Close To My Heart papers, the stamp sets "Shining Star" and the new "Christmas Story," Liquid Glass on the star, Waxy Flax on the manger bed,
and Fun Flock on the little lambs for woolly dimension.

I need a LOT of practice with the water coloring and shading.
It's a bit primitive looking. But that's okay.
I enjoyed my studio time that I haven't had for quite a while.
And I'm not likely to get too much more the rest of this year.

Did I mention that we're grandparents again?
Ella's sister,
Beatrice Louise, was born November 2!
She's a keeper!
Scroll down for a previous post to see her sweet face.
God is so good!
Joy to the World!

It was a glorious Fall day here--much too pretty to stay inside.



These are the oak leaves that cling tightly to their branches.
Sometimes these are still on the tree
when Easter rolls around.
Most of our other leaves are blown off and
skirting among all the yards when the wind blows.

This morning I went to our new
Super WallyWorld that recently opened.
So did thousands of others ...
 Parking was atrocious and the aisles were crammed with carts.
I won't do that again on a beautiful Saturday morning!
But I did get some great deals.
Funny...I went only for toilet paper and toothpaste.

48 days 'til Christmas!

I found masses of people rushing, rushing, rushing.
For now, I'm so happy to enjoy Fall. And not rush.
Aren't you?


2 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh my! Yes, I'm happy to "not rush"! I was so happy to see art work - I know that was good for you! The stair step card is one that intimidates me - I really need to just "get over it"! LOL
That oak tree is amazing - I wish we had those here in Arizona. It is just magnificent! Did I mention that I fell in love with trees recently (wink)?

If I didn't know it already, I'd say you are "SMITTEN"!!! Yes, Beatrice is adorable, Yes, she is perfect, Yes, you are truly blessed! But don't worry - I'm not tired of hearing it - rather I rejoice in your good news!

Hugs!

Leslie said...

Jane, Love your attempt at the stair step card. So sweet.

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards