Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars -- A Fall Favorite



Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars


1 (16 oz) pkg pound cake mix
3 eggs
2 T margarine or butter, melted
4 t pumpkin pie spice
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 (16 oz) can pumpkin (about 2 cups) – (I noticed the small cans on the shelves are now 15 oz!)
½ t salt
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large mixer bowl, on low speed, combine cake mix, 1 egg, margarine, and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice until crumbly. Press onto bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan. (You could use a 10 x 15 inch jellyroll pan for thinner bars.)
In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagle Brand, then the remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin, remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well.
Pour over the crust. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until set (wire or wooden skewer comes out clean).
Cool. Chill in refrigerator.
Cut into bars.
Store in refrigerator.


Enjoy! Happy Autumn!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Jane, this recipe sounds so yummy. I was able to log in and read your commentary. Beautiful thoughts. When I think of saints, Mother Teresa comes to mind. Also my mother-in-law.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Are you calling me "Phat"!?

LOL

Well, I would be - if I made this recipe - I'm sure I'd eat it all by myself and gain 14 pounds.

Samantha said...

oh my goodness, now that sounds good!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards