Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Each day is a day for thanks-living, wouldn't you agree?

Tomorrow is the designated, proclaimed national day of Thanksgiving in the USA. Will tomorrow be any different than any other day? Maybe you'll have a turkey or goose or venison on your dinner platter, along with special side dishes from family recipes and traditional pumpkin, cherry, apple, and mincemeat pies too.

I'd be grateful no matter what "spread" was on our table as long as family and friends are together. One year when DH and I couldn't get through a snowstorm to be with any family members, we were happy to eat a bowl of Cheerios and listen to music and play Scrabble. Great memory!

Blogging, scrapping friends, I posted this clear card a while back but it seemed appropriate to include it in a Thanksgiving Day post. I'm grateful for you, for your visits to my blog, for your kind comments, and for our common interests. I pray that your Thanksgiving will be a blessed one, that you enjoy good health and safe travel.

If I could click my heels together like Dorothy did for a special wish, I'd wish to be together with my parents for Thanksgiving. Since we won't be traveling, I'm very grateful for cousins who will be sharing a Thanksgiving meal with Mom and Dad. And I'm grateful for our family members who will join us for dinner tomorrow, to give special thanks for all our blessings.

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever! 1 Chronicles 16:34
 Happy, thanks-filled Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards