Want your house to smell so good this Fall?
And have a delicious meal in its own serving bowl?
1. Get yourself a nice pie pumpkin.
2. Cut out the lid. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Place the pumpkin on a cookie sheet. Brush the outside of the pumpkin with vegetable oil.
4. Fill the pumpkin with your favorite beef stew mixture. (When I don't make it "from scratch" I use a frozen mix such as Stouffer's.)
5. Put on the lid. Bake at 350 degrees. Timing will vary on the size of your pumpkin. A small one usually takes 60-90 minutes. A large one takes up to 2 hours to bake. You'll want the pumpkin "meat" to be tender to scoop.
6. Serve on a pretty platter (oops! not shown here).
Scoop helpings so that each serving includes the beef stew and the baked pumpkin too. It's yummy and so healthy too.