Monday, April 6, 2009

My First Acrylic Album


Vacation photos have been sorted by day/location on the kitchen island...the acrylic album is on the front right corner waiting to be used.

The project went from this ...
to this!




I used more CTMH Emporium papers to create an acrylic album--the greens, blues, and yellows fit perfectly with the colors of our recent western Caribbean cruise.

Rub-on sentiments and flourishes in white and chocolate, white ric rac, brown hemp, and other embellishments, all CTMH items, help make this memory album special. I worked all day on this project and am so happy to finish it. What wonderful memories of a relaxing week!

The remainder of the photos are going to go into our album--on a one-page layout and in a page of photo pockets.

As I write this post, I'm watching snow fall (groan!) ... but even worse, my poor DH is wearing his mask and trying his darndest to get a skunk to find a different warm refuge than right under our deck.

She (how do I know it's a she?) isn't a very happy camper and has sprayed a few times already -- oh, how I hope we can get rid of this stink and not smell too bad for Easter.

We may need to make a trip to Aldi's for a case of tomato juice ... I'll keep ya posted.


5 comments:

Carletta said...

Hi Jane,
A wonderful project!
You did this in a day? I'm impressed. I have so much scrapbooking materials and haven't finished one.
I'm going to have to come here to keep motivated.
Thanks for visiting my 'Matchsticks' post. :)

Hope said...

What a beautiful memory book! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Carletta, for your nice comment! Let's say I'm driven. Of course we didn't have a decent meal all day...but Cheerios are nutritious, right?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment, Hope! It's even prettier IRL. CTMH has produced some gorgeous papers & I can't get enough of them. These seemed to fit the Caribbean "flavor."

scrap your heart out with Jen said...

Did you have fun creating this book? I really enjoyed making mine (I made it last summer). I am impressed you made it one day...good for you! Keep up the great work.
How do you sign your name at the bottom of your post?

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards