Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Mom Is Love






Friday evening my young friend Laurie and I scrapped together--we're the Scrappin' Saints at our church and we meet every fourth Friday evening. Sometimes we have a small group of 4-6, and other times it's the two of us "serious scrappers" together. We enjoy being creative together and always leave so glad that we made the time to "just do it." Her chocolate chip cookies and delicious nut & fruit packed granola and my Fiddle Faddle provided us with the sugar we needed to accomplish quite a bit!




I'm happy to have finished the two page layout of my Mom, whose 84th birthday we celebrated in December. In the upper left corner pic, Mom is holding our granddaughter Ella -- Mom is the world's best baby-lover! In the lower right corner pic with Mom and me is friend Connie on the left. She's Mom and Dad's neighbor, and a very special "daughter" to them and "sister" to me. We three had gone to lunch together. I'm glad Connie and Mom make time to have Sunday afternoon tea-times.



Another comment I want to add about Mom is that she's truly a prayer warrior! She takes her concerns and prayers to the Lord, and wakes up every day singing or saying, "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." She tells me that verse when we talk by phone too. Mom is a great reminder to be a thankful person in all circumstances. What a positive model she has been in my life! I thank God for her and for all His gifts to her.



God-willing, we'll make the 500-mile drive safely (1000 miles roundtrip) and celebrate Mother's Day next weekend together, a week early, but EVERY day is Mother's Day, right? That's what we moms say! Now...where's to eat?


CTMH Bella papers & Stickease & the Foundry Tabs are in the new Summer Idea Book (available May 1), and My Mom Is Love letters are from the Paper Garden Stickease assortment.

No comments:

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards